* This position is now closed, thank you for your interest in the role. For further opportunities at Thud Media please visit our jobs page; you can also send in speculative enquires for future positions *
We’re looking for a talented artist and designer to join the team here at Thud Media and jump on a variety of interesting projects. We are a small multi-disciplined team, and are looking to add someone to pick up design, UI and layout work across games and standalone art. The ideal candidate for this role will have previously worked on released game titles, be able to create in an existing art style and have experience in collaborating with a development team.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our busy, close-knit crew working remotely.
Responsibilities and duties
- Illustrate characters, backdrops and props for 2D games and promotion
- Create compelling player experiences through use of interface design, color theory, visual hierarchy, and illustration
- Design UI and assets that are game ready (layered, format, scale, export spec)
- Create visually balanced, player focused mock-ups that demonstrate a solid understanding of readability, composition and typography
- Create, iterate, and define iconography
- Collaborate with developers to bring projects together
- Work with initiative and to schedule milestones
- Take on design challenges and find creative solutions
- Flexible ability to match an existing style
- High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and (particularly) Illustrator
- Can showcase UI design work
- Drafting skills, character, structure, perspective, detail
- Team development experience
- Proactive in approach to work
- Keen eye for detail, aesthetics and artwork ‘finish’
- Understanding of animation techniques
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Have worked on commercially released game title(s)
- Experience with creating wireframes and prototypes (Adobe XD)
- Rigging/animation with Spine2D tool
- Experience with Unity game engine and UI implementation
- Ability to use 3D software packages Blender, Maya or similar
- No agencies please
- Initial 3 month contract
How to Apply
Email your application over to email@example.com, with the subject line: Designer
Please include attachments or links to your latest and greatest work: CV, portfolio, examples of work, Artstation etc.
Candidates must have the ability to work in the UK / have a full work Visa in place for the entirety of the contract.